Frequently Asked Questions
Access and set up
How do I access LinkedIn Learning?
You can access LinkedIn Learning from any computer, device or tablet.
Follow the steps on the Quick Start Guide.
After you have activated your account following the steps in the Quick Start Guide, you can access LinkedIn Learning via the Mobile App:
How long will IU faculty, staff and students have access to Linkedin Learning?
Currently, IU’s Linkedin Learning access will continue through June 30, 2021.
Am I required to have a LinkedIn profile to use LinkedIn Learning?
No. LinkedIn profiles are not needed to access LinkedIn Learning. You can choose whether or not to connect your LinkedIn profile with your IU LinkedIn Learning Account.
Why should I connect my LinkedIn profile to my IU LinkedIn Learning Account?
While connecting your LinkedIn profile is not required it will allow for a more personalized learning experience, which includes special course recommendations based on your job title, skills, and industry listed on your LinkedIn profile.
Learn how to connect your LinkedIn profile to LinkedIn Learning.
What information will be shared with IU if I connect my personal LinkedIn profile to my IU LinkedIn Learning account?
Learning activity such as courses viewed or completed, profile information like your name, work title, and profile photo, and any courses from your personal account that you’ve transferred to your group account can be viewed by IU.
IU will not have access to your connections, private messages, any job search activity such as job posts you’ve viewed, and any learning courses you’ve viewed in your personal account.
How do I use LinkedIn Learning?
Watch the How to Use LikedIn Learning course (log in not required) to learn about:
- Setting learning goals
- Finding content
- Consuming content
- Earning continuing education credits
How can I access IU specific content in LinkedIn Learning?
To see IU content recommended for you:
- In the top navigation bar, click the IU logo in the right corner or click My Learning and then From Your Organization
To see all IU specific content:
- Click Browse in the top navigation bar
- Then in the menu provided choose Indiana University or type “IU Learning” in search field.
How can I save a LinkedIn Learning course and view it later?
Find something interesting but short on time? You can save courses or videos you're interested in by clicking Save.
The Save icon can be found:
- If you move your cursor over any course recommended on your LinkedIn Learning homepage
- To the right of a course title in your LinkedIn Learning search results list
- At the top of the player window on any course page
- On the table of contents for any course
Note: There's no limit to the number of courses you can save or complete.
You can access your saved courses from the Saved page. To access the Saved page:
- Click your photo in the upper right corner of your LinkedIn Learning homepage.
- Click Saved.
Can LinkedIn Learning courses be taken for continuing education credits?
Continuing Education is professional learning that entitles the learner to credits they can use to maintain a certification or license granted by a third-party organization. LinkedIn Learning offers approved Continuing Education courses aligned with the following organizations’ Continuing Education requirements (Login into your Linkedin Learning Account to view links):
- Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA)
- Human Resources Certification Institute (HCRI)
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
- National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
LinkedIn Learning has consulted with the following organizations to identify courses aligned with their Continuing Education learning objectives and instructional design requirements:
How can I generate certificates of completion for the courses I have taken?
Navigate to the course that corresponds to the certificate you'd like to view. To the right of the video player, on the Overview tab, click Download certificate.
What is LinkedIn Learning?
LinkedIn Learning is an online educational platform that provides access to more than 15,000 online courses on a variety of important professional development topics.
How can I unsubscribe from LinkedIn Learning emails?
These emails serve as a great reminder to track your Learning goals. However, if you don’t want to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from receiving them directly from your Learning account. Be aware though, you can’t re-subscribe if you change your mind.
To unsubscribe from LinkedIn Learning emails:
- Click Me on the upper right corner of your LinkedIn Learning homepage.
- Select Settings from the dropdown.
- From the Email Subscriptions section of the Manage Your Account page, click Unsubscribe from the subscriptions you no longer wish to receive.
- Click Unsubscribe in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
Note: It may take 24 hours for this change to reflect in your inbox.
Where can I go for additional questions regarding LinkedIn Learning?
The LinkedIn Learning Help Center contains resources, troubleshooting tips, and useful information to help you use their products better. To access the Help Center, click Help at the bottom of your LinkedIn Learning homepage
If you have questions specific to IU, please contact the Talent and Organization Development team at .