Indiana University has partnered with Weight Watchers to help you reach your weight-loss and wellness goals. Weight Watchers memberships are available at no cost to the following individuals:
- Full-time (75% FTE or greater) academic and staff employees; and
- Spouses covered on an IU medical plan
IU covers 100% of cost of WW; however, per IRS rules, the value of the program is considered a taxable benefit. This means you will pay income taxes on the value of your membership (and your spouse’s, if applicable), and that amount will be reported on your W2 at the end of each year. To learn more about taxation review the Frequently Asked Questions.
WW provides science-based tools through nutrition education, social support, and healthy lifestyle habits like physical activity and stress management. WW delivers programming in two ways to fit your lifestyle:
- OPTION 1 – Core (digital only): an easy-to-use app and website to track your food, movement, and weight goals; barcode scanner, restaurant items, and over 5,000 recipes; and expert chat available 24/7.
- OPTION 2 – Premium (digital + workshops): offers access to workshops virtually and in the community with guidance from a trained WW Coach and motivation from members who are on the same path. Additionally, this option provides access to all the digital tools.
Registration can be completed any time by visiting IU.WW.com and providing the following information:
- IU Access ID: 15246810
- Employee’s 10-digit University ID:
- Employee should enter just their University ID (example: 0000001234)
- Spouse should enter the University ID + s (example: 0000001234s)
Join the weekly WW Virtual Workshop just for IU members!
Your Premium membership includes access to a virtual workshop just for IU employees. Each Wednesday at noon (ET) you can receive expert guidance from WW Coach Vicki, and receive support and inspiration from other members of the IU community.
Learn more: Download instructions to join.
Join the IU virtual workshop: Log in to the WW app and click here to access the IU Connect Group.
For questions, call WW at 866-204-2885 or email .