My Voice at IU is a continuous process at Indiana University to increase staff employee engagement and ensure IU remains a workplace of choice.
By adopting a continuous process of assessing and enhancing engagement, IU can better understand the needs of its employees, what IU is doing well, and where there are opportunities to improve. The process is simple: staff and leaders use the results of the My Voice at IU Staff Engagement Surveys to inspire open discussion at the department and unit level, where employees can create simple action plans to address the topics that matter most to them. Follow-up surveys allow teams to assess their efforts, continue building on positives, or address new opportunities. The process empowers employees to make their workplace better for themselves and enhance their engagement.
- Collect feedback from staff employees on how they feel about working at IU: whether they feel valued, if they feel their contributions matter, and the level of pride in their work.
- Empower the organization, leadership, and teams to determine ways to improve the employment experience at IU.
- Provide helpful change management tools, resources, and guidance to leadership, managers, and teams to act upon results and improve work experiences.
- Help establish IU as a best place to work.
Staff Took the
Get involved and use survey results to make changes at IU.
Indiana University is committed to creating an environment in which employees feel engaged in their work and valued by our university. ”
- John Whelan, Vice President for Human Resources
70% Survey Participation
In October of 2019, more than 8,000 IU staff employees completed the most recent My Voice at IU Staff Employee Engagement Survey.
Results Being Shared
Initial results of the 2019 survey have been shared with IU executive leadership. HR leaders across IU are receiving results for the units they represent and beginning to engage staff in discussing results and creating action plans.
Talk to your manager, supervisor, or your HR contact to join the discussion and help create action plans for your unit. You can help drive change that matters to you.
Page updated: February 2020
Gallup® and Q12® are trademarks of Gallup, Inc.
IU Human Resources
Poplars E165, 400 E. 7th St., Bloomington, IN 47405