Criminal Background Checks
Possible Delays Due to the Coronavirus
HireRight may not be able to obtain criminal information promptly as a result of COVID-19. States and localities may close or limit access to courthouses. HireRight will continue to provide updates for those jurisdictions where access has been affected and when restrictions are lifted.
Also, for education verification, schools using online verification systems are not affected, but others have minimal onsite staff or employees working remotely. As a result, delays can be expected, as HireRight is often reliant upon these sources to return their calls.
For a full list of impacted areas, see your HireRight background check dashboard announcements.
Resources for Completing Criminal Background Checks
HireRight Company ID:
- I-9: HOOSR01
- Background Check: HOOSR02
Current Training Documents
HireRight System Quick Reference Guides
- How to Initiate a Background Check
- Applicant Guide for Completing a Background Check
- How to Submit a Batch Order Background Check
Ongoing Training and Support
- For new user access, your manager/supervisor or campus HR/Academic office must submit a request.
- For HireRight Customer Service call 1-877-990-4473 or email
- IU HR Customer Service email
- For Programs Involving Children (PIC) question contact the University Public Safety office
- For Adjudication questions contact your Campus HR office or Academic Affairs office or the University Public Safety office