Home > Benefits > Change > Name & Address Changes

Name and Address Changes

Address Changes

Maintaining your correct home address in the IU system is critical in order for you to continue receiving important mailings from the university. You may also need to change your school district or county on your W-4 tax record. You can make these changes in the Employee Center through One.IU.

Name Changes

To change your primary name, complete a Personal Data Change Form and provide documentation of the new name to the IU Human Resources office. For US employees, primary name changes must match the name on your social security card. Your primary (legal) name reflects how your name will appear on your paycheck, tax forms, and benefit plan documents.

To change your preferred name, visit the Employee Center through One.IU. Your preferred name reflects how your name will appear in the IU Address Book and other university systems.