The dental plan is available to all eligible Fellowship Recipients, regardless of area of residence. Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield is the plan administrator.
This is a traditional plan that provides reimbursement for dental services from a network of participating providers, or at a lower benefit, outside the network from any licensed dentist of your choice. You are required to pay the dentist for normal charges and then file a claim for reimbursement when an out of network provider is used.
Anthem Dental Complete Plan Highlights
- Anthem’s national PPO network
- Annual Deductible of $25
- Annual Benefit Limit of $500
- Two routine cleanings/exams per calendar year covered at 100%
- Plan year begins each January; deductibles and benefit limit amounts restart annually on January 1st
Fellowship Recipient Premium
Premiums for qualifying Fellowship Recipients are fully paid by the University.
|^The Spring premium is for January 1 – July 31 and the Fall premium is for August 1 – December 31. The rate includes both medical and dental coverage.|
|*Dependent premium rates are paid for by the Fellowship Recipient on a monthly basis to IU Human Resources. See the Eligibility and Enrollment Guidelines to verify if your dependent qualifies.|
Things you can do…
- Download a PDF of the 2023 Dental Plan Summary for information about services, copays, and deductibles.
- Contact Anthem Dental customer service at 1-877-604-2142 or log in to the Anthem Web site for questions about coverage, claims, and provider networks.