Important Federal Notices
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Health Insurance Marketplace
This notice provides basic information about the ACA Health Insurance Marketplace that went into effect on January 1, 2014, and about health coverage offered by IU which meets the affordability and minimum value standards defined by the ACA.
- COBRA General Notice
This notice contains important information about COBRA continuation coverage rights. COBRA is a temporary extension of certain benefit coverages, including medical and dental. This notice explains COBRA coverage, including when it may become available and how to protect your right to it.
- IU Healthcare Plans Notice of Privacy Practices
- Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act (NMHPA)
- No Surprises Act: Your Rights and Protections Against Surprise Medical Bills
When you get emergency care or are treated by an out-of-network provider at an in-network hospital or ambulatory surgical center, you are protected from surprise billing or balance billing.
- Premium Assistance Under Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Prescription Drug Coverage and Medicare:
- Special Enrollment Notice (Medicaid or CHIP)
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994 (USERRA)
- Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act