Vision coverage through Anthem Blue View Vision is included with your enrollment in an IU-sponsored medical plan, but vision services have their own schedule of benefits and network providers separate from your medical plan. Additionally, amounts paid for vision services do not apply to your medical plan deductible, coinsurance, or out-of-pocket maximum.
- A routine eye exam every 12 months with a $10 copay.
- Frames, lenses, and contacts are covered with specific allowances and copays for in-network providers, see the Vision Benefit Summary (2023 | 2024) for more specifics.
The vision benefit is for routine eye care and corrective eye care only. For medical treatment of the eyes, visit a medical network eye care physician. Medical eye care includes services for such conditions as eye injuries, glaucoma, and retinal detachment. The medical deductible and out-of-pocket maximums apply to medical eye services.
In-network providers include the IU School of Optometry Eye Care Centers (Atwater Eye Care Center and Indianapolis Eye Care Center), LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, Sears, Target, 1-800 Contacts, and other independent eye care professionals. Review the plan-specific information below to learn more or find a provider.
To find an independent in-network provider, follow the steps below:
- Visit anthem.com.
- Select the Find Care button.
- Log in if you have an Anthem account or enter prefix “IUC” in the Basic Search box and click Continue.
- Enter a Zip Code or City and State.
- Search for Vision.
You can select a specialty or view a list of all network vision providers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding vision coverage.
Can I enroll in vision coverage without being enrolled in one of IU's medical plans?
No. Vision coverage is included with enrollment in an IU-sponsored medical plan
Where can I find my ID Card?
IU Human Resources