This is a traditional plan that provides reimbursement for dental services from a network of participating providers, or at a lower benefit, outside the network from any licensed dentist of your choice. You are required to pay the dentist for normal charges and then file a claim for reimbursement when an out of network provider is used.
Dental Plan Highlights
- Cigna Dental's national PPO network
- Annual deductible of $50 ($150 family)
- Annual Benefit Limit of $500
- Two routine cleanings/exams per calendar year covered at 100%
- Plan year begins each January; deductibles and benefit limit amounts restart annually on January 1st
- Premiums for eligible Residents and qualifying dependents are fully paid by the affiliated hospitals through the School of Medicine Office of Graduate Medical Education.
Things you can do…
- Download a PDF of the 2024 Dental Plan Summary for information about services, copays, and deductibles.
- Contact Cigna customer service at 800-244-6224 or visit the Cigna Web site for questions about coverage, claims, and provider networks.
- Locate a network medical provider by consulting the Cigna Provider Directory. Choose "Cigna Dental PPO" and in the drop down box, select "Radius Network."
- Cigna does not issue ID cards. To obtain a customized and printable ID card, visit my.cigna.com and create an online account.
- Print the temporary Cigna Dental PPO ID card.