Residents and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the Cigna Preferred Provider Organization (PPO). If you decide not to enroll, you must wait until the next open enrollment period to receive this benefit.
This is a traditional plan that provides reimbursement for dental services from a network of participating providers, or at a lower benefit, outside the network from any licensed dentist of your choice. You are required to pay the dentist for normal charges and then file a claim for reimbursement when an out of network provider is used.
Dental Plan Highlights
- Cigna Dental's national PPO network
- Annual deductible of $50 ($150 family)
- Annual Benefit Limit of $500
- Two routine cleanings/exams per calendar year covered at 100%
- Plan year begins each January; deductibles and benefit limit amounts restart annually on January 1st
- Premiums for eligible Residents and qualifying dependents are fully paid by the affiliated hospitals through the School of Medicine Office of Graduate Medical Education.
Things you can do…
- Download a PDF of the 2023 Dental Plan Summary for information about services, copays, and deductibles.
- Contact Cigna customer service at 800-244-6224 or visit the Cigna Web site for questions about coverage, claims, and provider networks.
- Locate a network medical provider by consulting the Cigna Provider Directory. Choose "Cigna Dental PPO" and in the drop down box, select "Radius Network."
- Cigna does not issue ID cards. To obtain a customized and printable ID card, visit my.cigna.com and create an online account.
- Print the temporary Cigna Dental PPO ID card.