Benefits for Retirees
A healthy and happy transition into retirement requires careful planning. At IU, we are committed to supporting you through this process and beyond. Whether you are a current retiree or in the planning stages, a wealth of information is available at the links below.
Not sure where to start? Check out the Preparing to Retire page for a list of steps to take when you are thinking about retiring.
Health & Welfare Benefits
Other Benefits & Privileges
- Benefits After Separation Guide - overview of each IU benefit and follow-up actions that are required to take advantage of any residual value that the benefit plans may provide.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Medicare (PDF) - learn how Medicare affects HSA eligibility
- Access to IU Resources including IT Training, emails accounts, library services, and more
- IU Retirement Plans
Resources & Tools for Retirees
Review the Resources & Tools for Retirees to learn about IU Retiree benefits, Medicare, Social Security, and more.
- 2020 Retiree Benefits Options Brochure (PDF)
- IU Retirement Checklist (PDF)
- Online Retirement Calculators & Tools
Request a Retiree Consultation
If you are considering retiring and want to know if you meet the eligibility requirements for official Retiree Status and the associated benefits, contact at (812) 856-1234.