Benefits for Retirees
Road to Retirement
If you are within 5 years of retirement, consider signing up for the Road to Retirement webinar series to explore your options for retirement.
A healthy and happy transition into retirement requires careful planning. At IU, we are committed to supporting you through this process and beyond. Whether you are a current retiree or in the planning stages, a wealth of information is available at the links below.
Not sure where to start? Check out the Preparing to Retire page for a list of steps to take when you are thinking about retiring.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Retirees Under Age 65 (Anthem PPO HDHP)
- Retirees Over Age 65 (Anthem Blue Retiree)
Other Benefits & Privileges
- Benefits After Separation Guide - overview of each IU benefit and follow-up actions that are required to take advantage of any residual value that the benefit plans may provide.
- Medicare and Health Savings Accounts - learn how Medicare affects HSA eligibility
- Access to IU Resources including IT Training, emails accounts, library services, and more
- IU Retirement Plans
Resources & Tools for Retirees
Review the Resources & Tools for Retirees to learn about IU Retiree benefits, Medicare, Social Security, and more.
Request a 1:1 Consultation
Contact IU Human Resources at or 812-856-1234 to request a 1:1 consultation to review your eligibility for IU Retiree Status, learn about the associated benefits, or discuss your options for retirement.
In This Section
Benefit Options for