IU offers both base and supplemental retirement benefit options. Plans are designed to complement benefits provided by Social Security and personal savings in order to provide financial security during retirement. Use this site to review your options and find plans that best suit your needs. Even small amounts of money invested regularly over your career can provide a significant financial resource at retirement.
Enrollment & Plan Changes
Managing Your Accounts
Enroll in a Supplemental Retirement Plan
Make Plan Changes throughout the Year
Retirement & Financial Education
One-on-One Counseling Sessions
Schedule an in-person, on-site counseling session with Fidelity, TIAA, or PERF.
In-Person Workshops and Presentations
Attend a presentation hosted by IU Human Resources, Fidelity, and/or TIAA.
Attend a Live Webinar hosted by Fidelity or TIAA.
Online Tools & Resources
Mandatory Base Retirement Plans
Academic & Professional Staff Employees
Support Staff & Temporary with Retirement Employees
- Retirement & Savings Plan (Employees hired on or after July 1, 2013)
- PERF (Employees hired before July 1, 2013)
Base Retirement Plans Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Voluntary Employee-funded Retirement Plans
IUSERP (Supplemental Early Retirement Plan)
PERF (employees hired before July 1, 2013)
Tenured Faculty Phased Retirement
IU Human Resources
- Indiana University does not sponsor or endorse any outside financial advisor.
- Indiana University has no knowledge of the outside entities’ credentials or business status.
- Fidelity Investments and TIAA-CREF are the only investment companies authorized by Indiana University to hold individual retirement planning and investment counseling sessions with employees and retirees.
- Indiana University does not discuss the provisions of the University’s retirement plans with outside entities, except for Fidelity Investments and TIAA-CREF.
- Indiana University does not warrant, guarantee, or otherwise certify the accuracy or outcome of transactions by outside financial advisors, including Lakeside Financial Group.
- IU Mail Service delivered invitations from Lakeside Financial Group through Campus Mail by mistake. IU Mail Service generally prohibits distribution of commercial solicitations through campus mail.