Graduate Appointees/Appointed PostDoc Fellows
The dental plan is available to all eligible Appointees, regardless of area of residence. Cigna Dental Health, Inc., is the plan administrator.
This is a traditional plan that provides reimbursement for dental services from a network of participating providers, or at a lower benefit, outside the network from any licensed dentist of your choice. You are required to pay the dentist for normal charges and then file a claim for reimbursement when an out of network provider is used.
Dental Plan Highlights
- Cigna Dental's national PPO network
- Annual Deductible of $25
- Annual Benefit Limit of $500
- Two routine cleanings/exams per calendar year covered at 100%
- Plan year begins each January; deductibles and benefit limit amounts restart annually on January 1st
Premiums for qualifying Appointees are fully paid by the University.
Spring 2016 Premium^ Fall 2016 Premium^ Student* $1,740.80 $1,243.43 ^The Fall premium is for August 1 – December 31. The Spring premium is for January 1 – July 31. The rate includes both medical and dental coverage.
Dependent Premiums Medical Monthly
Spouse* $728.19 $18.58 $746.77 Child(ren)* $551.26 $27.91 $579.17
*Dependent premium rates are paid for by the Appointee on a monthly basis to IU Human Resources. See the Eligibility and Enrollment Guidelines to verify if your dependent qualifies.
* Beginning July 1, 2016, premiums for all eligible dependents of the School of Medicine Postdoctoral Fellows will also be covered by the school.
Things you can do…
- Download a PDF of the 2017 summary chart for information about services, copays, and deductibles.
- Contact Cigna customer service at 800-244-6224 or visit the Cigna Web site for questions about coverage, claims, and provider networks.
- Locate a network medical provider by consulting the Cigna Provider Directory. Choose "Cigna Dental PPO" and in the drop down box, select "Radius Network."
- Cigna does not issue ID cards. To obtain a customized and printable ID card, visit my.cigna.com and create an online account.
- Print the temporary Cigna Dental PPO ID card (PDF).