In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for doing good work.
Help Me See My Value: Employees need to know that their best efforts are acknowledged and valued.
Try This Now:
- Add a peer recognition as a standing team meeting agenda item.
- Ask “We had a busy week, who has a shout out for someone on the team?”
Tools for Action:
- Meaningful recognition can vary from person to person.
- Use this Engaging Conversations: Recognition Tool to identify how each of your team members likes to receive recognition
- Inside Gallup Survey Video: Q4
- Forbes Article: Recognition Should be Simple, yet it’s a Common Management Stumbling Block
Originally produced by Gallup. Adapted with permission.
Three Attributes of Effective Recognition
Recognition feels genuine, real, and heartfelt
Praise that highlights the value of the work and the person doing it
Recognition that taps into what matters most to the individual
Great managers know that they can never give too much recognition if it is honest and deserved.”