Working Through COVID-19
The university has taken a number of steps to limit the risk to our community from the possible spread of coronavirus COVID-19. See IU’s up-to-date response at the IU COVID-19 website.
IU Human Resources continues to respond to the evolving situation by reviewing and updating related policies and procedures. This site has the latest guidance and frequently asked questions to HR-related topics. This site is updated frequently, so check back soon.
Important Information for Employees
- The university is not closed.
- Campuses are limited to On-Campus Essential services and employees only until further notice.
- All other employees are expected to telecommute where possible, assuming they have the necessary technology and tools.
- Staff employees who are unable to complete their work remotely or on campus as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak will continue to receive their usual compensation until the end of the COVID-19 outbreak, or through the end of this academic year (June 30, 2020), whichever comes first. Learn how to stay paid during this time.
- All non-exempt employees designated as essential and required to work on campus will receive premium pay of time-and-a-half for the time spent working on campus beginning March 25.
- IU has paused all staff and temporary recruitment and hiring, and enacted a salary freeze at this time.
- IU Human Resources will remain open for all questions by contacting askHR at 812-856-1234 or Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. ET. The physical HR offices are closed at the Poplars Building on the Bloomington campus and at the Lockefield Village building on the IUPUI campus.
Stay paid during COVID-19
A single page PDF containing the basics about how Staff/Temporary employees can remain in pay status.
On-Campus Essential guidance
Use this PDF to learn about the OCE services and employees.
COVID-19 related pay & absence coding
Learn when to use which COVID-19 codes at this time.
Support and resources for personal well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Resource guides for staff
Find essential resources to do your best work, whether you’re on campus or in a remote environment.
IU's COVID-19 website
Get related info and the latest on the university's response to COVID-19.