Working Through COVID-19
The university has taken a number of steps to limit the risk to our community from the possible spread of coronavirus COVID-19. See IU’s up-to-date response at the IU COVID-19 website.
IU Human Resources continues to respond to the evolving situation by reviewing and updating related policies and procedures. This site has the latest guidance and frequently asked questions for HR-related topics. This site is updated frequently, so check back soon.
Important Information for Employees
- All staff and faculty must complete the Community Responsibility Acknowledgement (CRA) before returning to campus or the start of the fall 2020 semester, whichever comes first. Learn more at the related FAQ.
- IU staff and faculty should continue working and teaching remotely where possible, as recommended by the Restart Report.
- All academic and staff employees, students, contractors, suppliers, vendors, and visitors are required to wear face masks in all hallways, elevators, public spaces, and common areas, and when entering all IU buildings.
- In planning for fall 2020, staff should discuss with supervisors how to continue working remotely or, if necessary, make arrangements to return to campus following the Phased Re-entry Plan and the Return to Campus Guide.
- Those who work in research labs should continue to follow research restart guidelines.
- Free screening and testing for COVID-19 has been made available to IU employees through IU Health.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) leaves for specified reasons related to COVID-19 are available July 1 – Dec. 31, 2020.
- All staff and temporary recruitment and hiring is paused and a salary freeze is in effect until further notice.
Guide to time off & leaves
Resources to help you determine how to use time off and leaves to meet your needs.
Support and resources for personal well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 related pay & absence coding
Learn when to use which COVID-19 codes at this time.
Return to Campus Guide
Guidance to help departments manage operations throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Webinars, livestreams, & on-demand presentations from IU Human Resources & IU benefit vendors.
Tools to help employees keep learning & developing important skills at this time.