Working Through COVID-19
The university has taken a number of steps to limit the risk to our community from the possible spread of coronavirus COVID-19. See IU’s up-to-date response at the IU COVID-19 website.
IU Human Resources continues to respond to the evolving situation by reviewing and updating related policies and procedures. This site has the latest guidance and frequently asked questions to HR-related topics. This site is updated frequently, so check back soon.
Important Information for Employees
- Employees should telecommute where possible.
- Effective June 1, 2020, all faculty, staff, students, contractors, suppliers, vendors, and visitors are required to wear cloth face coverings in all hallways, elevators, public spaces, and common areas, and when entering all IU buildings.
- Those who work in research labs should continue to follow guidance provided by the executive vice president for research.
- Fall courses will be held on campus, with a revised academic calendar and courses offered in a hybrid in-class/online format.
- Staff employees who are unable to complete their work remotely or on campus as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak will continue to receive their usual compensation until they were scheduled to end, the end of the COVID-19 outbreak, or through the end of this academic year (June 30, 2020), whichever comes first.
- All non-exempt employees designated as essential and required to work on campus will receive premium pay of time-and-a-half for the time spent working on campus beginning March 25 through June 30, 2020.
- IU has paused all staff and temporary recruitment and hiring, and enacted a salary freeze at this time.
Stay paid during COVID-19
A webpage containing the basics about how Staff/Temporary employees can remain in pay status.
Reallocating Our Workforce
Connecting staff with departments that need additional help during the COVID-19 response.
COVID-19 related pay & absence coding
Learn when to use which COVID-19 codes at this time.
Support and resources for personal well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Webinars, livestreams, & on-demand presentations from IU Human Resources & IU benefit vendors.
Tools to help employees keep learning & developing important skills at this time.