University Human Resources
University Human Resources supports the broader Indiana University academic and research mission, through a wide variety of strategic and operational functions related to recruiting, retaining and developing a diverse employee workforce. These support services are provided on two organizational levels:
- University-wide services for all campus locations
- Bloomington location services, including University Administration and IUB units
University Human Resources provides university-wide services with the explicit recognition of the following customers: executives, managers, employees, and federal and state agencies. Services are intended to be provided in a partnership-environment; simultaneously accommodating fiscal realities and maintaining a commitment to quality, equity and integrity.
John Whelan, associate vice president, provides leadership for University Human Resources, which consists of the directors, managers, and Staff employees shown in the organizational chart (PDF). UHR directors and managers, in turn, oversee the broad range of services and support to IU campuses, departments and employees university wide.
The IU HR community will be a trusted strategic partner driving results that establish IU as a great place to work, learn and grow.
The IU HR community supports IU as a premier education and research institution by …
- Fostering a culture or collaboration in inclusion;
- Proactively serving the HR needs of the IU community;
- Providing innovative solutions and exceptional service;
- Hiring, retaining, engaging, and inspiring people to excellence and;
- Leading by example.