University Human Resources
UHRS Staff Directory
University Human Resource Services supports the broader Indiana University academic and research mission, through a wide variety of strategic and operational functions related to recruiting, retaining and developing a diverse employee workforce. These support services are provided on two organizational levels:
- University-wide services for all campus locations
- Bloomington location services, including University Administration and IUB units
University Human Resource Services provides university-wide services with the explicit recognition of the following customers: executives, managers, employees, and federal and state agencies. Services are intended to be provided in a partnership-environment; simultaneously accommodating fiscal realities and maintaining a commitment to quality, equity and integrity.
Daniel Rives, associate vice president, provides leadership for University Human Resource Services, which consists of the directors, managers, and Staff employees shown in the organizational chart (PDF). UHRS directors and managers, in turn, oversee the broad range of services and support to IU campuses, departments and employees university wide.
University Human Resource Services’ mission is to attract, sustain and inspire excellence with Indiana University’s most important resource, our employees...present, past, and future.
We meet our mission in serving the University Community by:
- partnering with all University campuses, schools and departments;
- designing, implementing, and administering solutions to meet our constituents’ needs including:
- Benefit programs for Academic, Staff and Temporary employees,
- Healthcare plans for students, graduate assistants, and medical residents,
- HR policies for Staff and Temporary employees,
- Salary and job classification programs for Staff and Temporary employees,
- Employee and union relations for Staff and Temporary employees,
- Recruitment programs for Staff and Temporary employees,
- Benefit records for all employees and HR records and personnel actions for Staff and Temporary employees,
- Organizational development consulting and training for University leadership and employees,
- HR information and business systems to support the above functions.
- ensuring compliance with applicable Federal and State laws and University policies and procedures;
- providing strategic guidance through our knowledge and expertise;
- positioning the University as a competitive, diverse and desirable place of employment, both today and tomorrow.