MyVoice@IU is a continuous process at Indiana University to increase staff employee engagement and ensure IU remains a workplace of choice.
By adopting a continuous process of assessing and enhancing engagement, IU can better understand the needs of its employees, what IU is doing well, and where there are opportunities to improve. The process is simple: staff and leaders use the results of the MyVoice@IU Staff Engagement Survey to inspire open discussion at the department and unit level, where employees can create simple action plans to address the topics that matter most to them. The process empowers employees to make their workplace better for themselves and enhance their engagement.
- Collect feedback from staff employees on how they feel about working at IU: whether they feel valued, if they feel their contributions matter, and the level of pride in their work.
- Empower the organization, leadership, and teams to determine ways to improve the employment experience at IU.
- Provide helpful change management tools, resources, and guidance to leadership, managers, and teams to act upon results and improve work experiences.
- Help establish IU as a best place to work.
Indiana University is committed to creating an environment in which employees feel engaged in their work and valued by our university. ”
- John Whelan, Vice President for Human Resources
- In July of 2017, IU launched the MyVoice@IU engagement initiative.
- In September of 2017, the MyVoice@IU Staff Engagement Survey was sent to all staff employees as a vehicle to collect anonymous feedback from employees university-wide.
- In early 2018, IU’s survey results and were communicated by Human Resources to university leadership, which served as the starting point for engagement dialogue across the university.
- In the spring of 2018, individual unit results were shared and communicated to all employees. Campuses and units across the university then began creating action plans to implement changes within their units or teams to enhance staff employee engagement in a way they choose.