Job Posting Moratorium
A moratorium (freeze) on job postings will begin at 5 p.m. on September 13 and continue through September 30, 2019. No new job posting requests will be accepted during this time.
This page contains information you need to know about the job posting moratorium required for staff and temporary staff job postings as we transition to PeopleSoft TAM. This page will be updated throughout the project and members of the HR Community will also receive updates as-needed.
What You Need to Know About the Moratorium
- Any job postings for September, 2019 must be submitted/routed from the department to the appropriate Budget office (Campus HR for temporary jobs) no later than 5 p.m. on September 13, 2019.
- PeopleAdmin will no longer accept job applications after September 30, 2019.
- Pilot groups can continue posting jobs and accepting applicants in PeopleSoft TAM throughout the moratorium.
After the Moratorium
- Beginning October 1, 2019, all job postings will be created and routed in PeopleSoft TAM.
- Beginning October 1, 2019, applicants will only apply to jobs using PeopleSoft TAM.
- You may continue to use PeopleAdmin to manage existing PeopleAdmin job postings through December 20, 2019.
How to Prepare
Review the information on these web pages. Bookmark the pages for later.
Use PeopleAdmin to route any job needing to be posted in September to the appropriate Budget office no later than Friday, September 13, 2019. There will be no exceptions to this.
Communicate to your leadership, recruiting teams, and staff about the transition and moratorium as you see fit. You may choose to use the provided slide deck below, which contains information about the transition and the moratorium.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a "moratorium" on job postings mean?
The moratorium is the time when we will no longer accept job postings in PeopleAdmin. In order to transition away from PeopleAdmin, job postings in that system need to stop.
Why is this moratorium necessary?
There are a number of logistical reasons for the moratorium on job postings, but the most significant are:
- To coincide with and simplify our Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) records reporting, as our applicant flow records run on an October 1 - September 30 calendar year. We will not have new applicants in PeopleAdmin crossing over to the new plan year on October 1, 2019.
- To give all PeopleAdmin job postings that went live prior to the moratorium at least one to two weeks of posting time on the website.
- To allow for a smooth transition of job postings to external vendor job boards.
When do we stop submitting job postings through PeopleAdmin?
You can continue to submit job postings in PeopleAdmin until 5 p.m. on September 13, 2019. After that, there will be a moratorium on job postings through September 30, 2019.
When PeopleSoft TAM goes live university-wide on October 1, 2019, all job postings will be created, routed, and shared via PeopleSoft TAM.