Information for the HR Community and Recruiting Teams
The new PeopleSoft Talent Acquisition Manger (TAM) system offers individuals who perform Human Resources duties and recruiting teams for staff and temporary staff jobs at Indiana University more efficient recruitment processes with a streamlined workflow, enhanced tools and communication, better management of internal and external job postings, and in-house technical support.
Additional benefits for IU:
- Automated workflows for creating job postings and hiring proposals
- Easily create and add members to the recruiting and interviewing teams
- Post to multiple campuses with a single job posting
- True internal-only job postings
- Auto-refer option is still available
- At-a-glance view of applicants and status
- Quickly learn more about applicants with available indicators: Conditional Rehire, RIF, etc.
- Automatically eliminates “No Rehire” applicants
- Disqualifying screening questions are available
- Fully integrated with HRMS
The transition from PeopleAdmin to PeopleSoft TAM will take place from July through December 21, 2019. Information about the project, its phases, and frequently asked questions are below–click a timeline event or scroll down for related information.
This page will be updated throughout the project to keep you informed and prepared for the transition while meeting the needs of your unit or responsibility center. HR professionals and IU employees will also learn more about the project via HR and IU communication vehicles. If you still have questions, please contact askHR.
What You Need to Know
- PeopleSoft TAM is replacing PeopleAdmin as IU’s job posting and applicant tracking system for all staff and temporary staff recruitment needs.
- This project does NOT affect academic job postings.
- Throughout the transition, all staff job postings will still be found by visiting jobs.iu.edu.
- IU HR and UITS job postings will be involved in pilot programs in July and August, respectively. Jobs included in the pilot will have links to PeopleSoft TAM inside the PeopleAdmin job posting.
- To apply, all applicants for these jobs will create a PeopleSoft TAM account via a link in the job posting. Internal applicants will authenticate via IU Login, which will auto-populate an account.
- A moratorium on new job postings will begin at 5 p.m. on September 13 and continue through September 30, 2019. No new job postings will be accepted during the moratorium.
- Any job postings for September 2019 must be submitted/routed from the department to the appropriate Budget office (Campus HR for temporary jobs) no later than 5 p.m. on September 13, 2019.
- PeopleSoft TAM will go live on October 1, 2019 for all staff job postings and applications.
- Training is being created in conjunction with pilots. It will be available prior to go live.
- PeopleAdmin will remain available to the HR Community and recruiting teams through December 20, 2019 to close any recruitment process begun in PeopleAdmin.
- Any jobs in PeopleAdmin not filled by December 20, 2019 will be automatically closed.
How You Can Prepare
Plan for the Job Posting Moratorium
To ensure units and departments can meet their hiring needs during the transition, those with HR responsibilities should prepare for the required job posting moratorium. See the Job Posting Moratorium web page for more information.
Share Information About the Transition
Communicate to your leadership, recruiting teams, and staff about the transition and moratorium as you see fit. You may choose to use some or all of the provided slide deck below. All IU staff will learn more about the transition this fall via email and IU communication channels.
Pilot Phase: July–October
During the pilot phase, current IU employees and external applicants will continue to search for available jobs in the existing PeopleAdmin system accessed via jobs.iu.edu. When applying for IU Human Resources (IU HR) or University Information Technology Services (UITS) jobs included in the pilot phase, applicants will be given a link to create an account in PeopleSoft TAM. Instructions will be provided, as needed. Any account information previously entered in PeopleAdmin (the older system) will NOT be carried over into PeopleSoft TAM.
- Internal applicants (current IU employees) for jobs included in the pilot phase will be directed to authenticate via IU Login and then be sent to their PeopleSoft TAM account where PeopleSoft TAM will auto-populate an account for them. Internal applicants will then apply for that job using PeopleSoft TAM.
- External applicants for jobs included in the pilot phase will be instructed to create a PeopleSoft TAM account and apply for that job using PeopleSoft TAM.
HR Business Partners have received PeopleSoft TAM training. Training and support materials are available to all users online. Additional training resources, such as video tutorials, will be made available and announced at a later date.
Job Posting Moratorium: September 13–30
To allow time to transition from PeopleAdmin to the PeopleSoft TAM system, a moratorium on new job postings will begin at 5 p.m. on September 13, 2019 and continue through September 30, 2019. No new job posting requests will be accepted during this time.
Learn more and get guidance on how to prepare by clicking the button below.
University-Wide PeopleSoft TAM Go Live: October 1
Beginning October 1, 2019, the PeopleSoft TAM system will be live and operating for all staff job postings, university-wide. Job postings can be submitted for approvals and posting only in PeopleSoft TAM.
Transition Phase: October 1–December 20
The two systems will co-exist between October 1 and December 20, 2019; however, PeopleSoft TAM will be the only system used to submit, post, and apply for jobs. The PeopleAdmin system will continue to be available to HR and recruiting teams through December 20, 2019 to manage and close job postings approved in PeopleAdmin before the moratorium. Applicants will be able to use PeopleAdmin to check the status of applications submitted in PeopleAdmin.
How will I manage job postings that are still open in PeopleAdmin when Peoplesoft TAM goes live?
The two systems will run simultaneously from October 1 through December 20, 2019. All jobs from the PeopleAdmin system will be removed from the public-facing website on September 30, 2019. However, the jobs will remain active in the PeopleAdmin system so you can still proceed with reviewing and selecting candidates from that job posting.
At the close of business on December 20, 2019, any positions still active within the PeopleAdmin system (no hiring decision made) will be automatically closed in the system. You will not be able to take any more actions on candidates that have applied to those jobs. If you have not yet filled the position with a final selection but still need to fill the vacancy, you will need to create a new job posting within PeopleSoft TAM and start your process again.
PeopleAdmin Retires: December 21
All PeopleAdmin accounts will be retired on December 21, 2019. Any PeopleAdmin job postings not completed will be automatically closed.
How do I plan ahead for the retirement of PeopleAdmin?
Make your hiring decisions by mid-December, 2019 to avoid the PeopleAdmin system retirement date of December 20, 2019. You will have half of September, all of October and November, and half of December to fill your role, a total of three months before the system is retired, so no positions should still be open by December 20, 2019.