New Employee Orientation
In light of IU’s response to COVID-19 and the desire to limit in-person meetings, IU Human Resources will offer a condensed online recording for New Employee Orientation. Employee benefits (health and retirement) are covered due to the time-sensitive nature of enrollment.
*New employees from all campuses are welcome to view this webinar session.
Welcome to Indiana University! You have accepted a position at one of the world’s foremost public institutions – and the epitome of the modern university. Indiana University’s new employee orientation program, open to all new benefit-eligible Staff employees, introduces you to the design and culture of the University and outlines the comprehensive set of programs and benefits that you are eligible for.
Who is Invited
- New Staff hired into a benefit-eligible* position.
- Existing Staff who transfer into a benefit-eligible* position from a position that was previously not benefit-eligible.
For faculty, please see the New Faculty Welcome page for more ways to connect.
* Benefit-eligible means persons employed by Indiana University as full-time (75% FTE or greater) appointed Staff employees.
As a new employee you may have unique system access requirements and your manager will guide you through the access process for those systems. The following links may be helpful in getting off to a quick start in setting up your personal system access and navigating useful information in ONE.IU
What You'll Learn
- IU's history and culture
- Important employee information including perks available
- Benefits available to IU employees and how to enroll
- Technology at IU and how to set up your accounts
- Technology training opportunities for IU employees
- How to keep your work and personal information safe
- Resources IU provides to keep its employees safe and healthy
In addition to this program, you may receive additional information or emails from your department or other IU entities about further orientation and trainings, benefit enrollments, payroll information, and health and safety.
Online orientation sessions are coming soon.
How to Prepare
- Please notify your manager of your plans. You are highly encouraged to attend this session.
- Please feel free to bring information such as birth certificates or marriage certificate if you plan to enroll dependents in benefits. Enrollment help will be available after the session.
- You may wish to review IU's benefit and policy information
980 Indiana Avenue, Suite 1156
Indianapolis, IN 46202
There are additional training all employees should complete upon joining the IUPUI community:
- Environmental Health and Safety Orientation
- Unlawful Harassment Prevention (you will receive an email from Workplace Answers)
- All other department required trainings (see your supervisor)
All new supervisors should complete the Legal Compliance series within their first year of employment. The Legal Compliance Series consists of four modules:
- The Office of Equal Opportunity
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Workers’ Compensation and Family Medical Leave Act
- Preventing Sexual Harassment and Title IX