New Service and Support Staff
Paid Time Off
For complete descriptions and details, follow the web page for each topic.
If an employee is placed on leave at the time of initial employment, the employee's paid time off benefit becomes effective on the first day of active employment.
Paid Time Off ↪web page
- Full-time Support and Service Staff employees earn each year:
- 9 paid holidays
- 14 vacation days / 19 days after 6 years of service
- 12 sick days
- Up to 3 days for funerals/bereavement
- Amounts are pro-rated for part-time staff
- Additional paid time off is granted for specific purposes such as, Paid Parental Leave, Military Leave, Court Duty, Voting, Adverse Weather, Adverse Working Conditions, IU-sponsored volunteer events, and Injury on-the-Job.