New Academic and Professional
Paid Time Off
For complete descriptions and details, follow the web page for each topic.
If an employee is placed on leave at the time of initial employment, the employee's paid time off benefit becomes effective on the first day of active employment.
Paid Time Off for Academic Employees ↪web page
- Academic employees are eligible for several types of paid time off. Further information about these provisions can be found at the web page.
Paid Time Off for Professional Staff ↪web page
- Full-time Professional Staff employees earn each year:
- 9 paid holidays
- 30 days of paid time off / 36 days after 5 years of service
- Amounts are pro-rated for part-time staff
- Additional paid time off is granted for specific purposes such as, Paid Parental Leave, Military Leave, Court Duty, Voting, Adverse Weather, Adverse Working Conditions, IU-sponsored volunteer events, and Injury on-the-Job.