Promoting (Demoting) an Employee
1. Follow the footpath to get to Job Data screen and enter all available employee information in the appropriate fields.
2. Click .
- If there is more than one entry under that University ID, a list of
available choices will appear.
Click on your choice to access the record.
- If there is only one entry, the record will automatically appear.
In either case, the next screen will look like this:
3. Once you get to the Job Data Screen, click on the . This will allow you to create a new action record.
4. Change the Effective Date, if necessary. (The current date appears automatically)
5. From the Action/Reason drop down menu, click on Promotion or Demotion.
6. Click on to the right of the Action/Reason drop down menu.
7. Click on and a list of available Reason Codes will appear.
Note: If your action is Promotion, your reason code will be PRO. If your action is Demotion, your reason code will be DEM.
8. Click on your choice and it will automatically appear in the appropriate field on the previous screen.
9. For either reason code (PRO or DEM) use the following guidelines to change other fields as necessary:
1. Under , change:
• Position Number
2. Click on , change:
• Standard Hours
3. Click on .
Under , change:
• Rate Code
• Comp Rate
Under , change:
• Compensation Frequency
10. Refer to the Job Funding user guide as the final step to complete the Promotion (Demotion) process.
11. Click to complete the Promotion (Demotion) action. This will save into the HRMS database all of the information that you have entered.