Note: Not everyone will have access to all of the links
Workflow — What is it?
- General-purpose routing infrastructure for University applications — a "workflow engine"
- "Routes" electronic documents online to the attention of designated individuals, based on University policies
- Delivers documents to users in their Action List in On.IU — one access point for all documents
- Part of the UITS EDEN (Enterprise Development ENvironment) set of modular, extensible components for building online services
Workflow — What are the Benefits
- Easy routing — the Workflow infrastructure is already done
- Quick routing — routing to the next person(s) is virtually immediate
- Accurate routing —>routing follows University policies for each type of document
- Eliminates "Paper Trail" — no need to move paper documents along each step of approval
- One access point: Action List in One.IU - quick and organized access to user documents
Workflow — How does it Work
- Workflow has standard "Route Types" that ensure routing follows University policies
- HRMS Review Hierarchy
- Base Review Hierarchy
- Fiscal / UPAA: Fiscal Manager / Unit Personnel Action Agent
- Account Manager and Chart Manager (Summer 2003)
- Workflow also has built-in provisions for Ad Hoc routing and Application-Specific routing
- Documents may be routed to users to Approve, Complete, Acknowledge, or FYI
Action List - When Initiators and Approvers Save a document to be completed at a later time, the document is stored in their Action List. A "disapprove" document will route back to the Initiator and therefore will be in the Action List. For Approvers, the Action List is where they will find documents routed to them, waiting for an action to occur.
Delegate Action List - is the Fiscal/UPAA delegation
Document Search - To search for a document that has been initiated. Document Search shows the searcher where the document currently is in the routing chain and what action it is requesting.
NOTE: To request that someone be set up as a Delegate:
- Go to the HRMS Support Center form.
- Fill out all of the required information (indicated with an *)
- Under "Question Type", select: Routing, Doc Search, Delegation, etc.
- At the bottom of the form in the "Detailed Contact Description" box, enter your request.
- The Support Center Form will route to an Analyst who can help you get the Delegate set up.