TELL me what you expect of me.
The conversations you have with your employees every day are essential to building a culture that attracts and retains high-performing employees. As a leader, you can create a culture where employees thrive by telling employees what you expect of them.
Leadership Made Simple
- Clearly and consistently communicate expectations and priorities so your employees can focus on—and deliver—what matters most.
- Discuss role expectations with them and share how each individual’s role contributes to the success of the larger team or organization.
- Clarify a role’s tasks and responsibilities, as well as the behaviors they should expect from you and from their team members.
Tips to Get Started
- Tell a team member what excellence in their role looks like.
- Tell a team member how their role contributes to the success of the team or organization.
- As a team, discuss behavioral expectations for team meetings, communication, etc.