2018 Regional Supervisor Series (RSS)
Talent & Organization Development is piloting its first Regional Supervisor Series (RSS) for 2018. The series is a development program designed to introduce leadership concepts, techniques, and principles and provide opportunities for practical application in order to develop the skills of those who supervise others.
The Regional Supervisor Series is designed for individuals in an official supervisory and/or management role from the five regional campuses (East, Kokomo, Northwest, Southeast, and South Bend) who have others reporting to them, and who are engaged in performance management from a supervisory perspective. Individuals will participate in a small group session on their campus and connect with participants from other regional campuses through distance education.
All sessions meet on Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. CST. Participants are required to attend all sessions. There is no cost to selected individuals or their department.
- Seven distance education sessions:
- Your Role as Leader & DiSC: Understanding your Communication and Management Style
- Building Trust & Setting, Communicating and Maintaining Expectations
- Coaching and Feedback & Conflict Resolution/Management
- HR Policies and Procedures, Part 1 of 2 & Managing and Addressing Performance Issues
- Situation Leadership & Appreciating, Motivating, and Developing your Team
- Creating an Inclusive Environment & Dealing with Change
- HR Policies and Procedures, Part 2 of 2 & Graduation
- Seven small group application sessions at your regional campus
- A Plus/Delta session to get feedback on your experiences in the program.
Some courses may require pre-work. This includes, but is not limited to completing assessments, pre-reading, group work and self-reflection. It is imperative that participants complete the pre and post work for each session, if applicable.
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will have increased effectiveness in the following competencies: self-awareness, managing and building relationships, providing timely and effective communication, managing conflict, managing performance, dealing with change, demonstrating care for others, creating an inclusive environment, and responding resourcefully to situations.
Application deadline is Thursday, December 14th, 2017
If you have any questions, please contact Wendy Cornwell, or 317-274-5467 or 812-855-9674.