The university desires the fair resolution of disputes in the workplace. Whenever possible, the dispute or problem should be resolved through discussions between the supervisor and the employee at the source of the problem. However, it is recognized that this may not be possible in all cases.
The grievance procedure at IU is a formal method for presenting and addressing such cases with defined steps, timelines and rules. All employees have the right to use the grievance procedure contained within the personnel policies for their position and are encouraged to do so if informal discussions do not resolve the matter.
Employees must follow the procedure set out in the appropriate policy and use the form provided.
- Professional Staff policy
- Support and Service Staff not represented by a union policy
- Temporary employees policy
- Support Staff at Bloomington & Northwest
- Service Staff at Bloomington, IUPUI, and South Bend
- Police Service Staff at Bloomington, IUPUI, Northwest, South Bend, and Southeast