For Bloomington Employees, Managers, and Department Heads
2016 Staff Merit Awards
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2016 Staff Merit Awards!
Two monetary awards will be presented to staff employees in each of the following categories:
- Service Staff – Service Staff categories (SM/TE)
- Support Staff – Support Staff/Nurses/Nursing Assistants (SS/NU/NA)
- Professional Staff – (PA) levels 4 and below, and General Supervisors (GS)
Full time Bloomington staff employees with at least three (3) years of continuous IU service are eligible. Nominations may be made by anyone. A committee of faculty and staff will choose the recipients from nominees submitted by colleagues and supervisors. The finalists will be interviewed by the committee.
- Demonstration of a positive attitude toward position and the University
- Exemplary job performance
- Good attendance record (persons who have had a serious medical condition or have been on approved FMLA will not be penalized)
- Demonstrated special effort toward improving Indiana University for the benefit of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other University associates
The deadline for nominating employees for the Staff Merit Awards is Friday September 9, 2016. The award will be given at a ceremony on Monday December 12, 2016, in the Frangipani Room, Indiana Memorial Union.
Nomination forms can be filled out and submitted electronically (with supporting documentation). To access the form and instructions, please go to: hr.iu.edu/pubs/forms/staff-merit-nomination.html.
If you have questions, you may contact Staff Merit Nominations at or 855-8114.
University Human Resources
August 12, 2016