Increasing Employee Engagement
Employee feedback about their work experience will be gathered through staff engagement surveys, which will help continually address workplace issues and enhance employee engagement. We will evaluate benefits and rewards programs to identify possible changes, and explore improvements to our staff recognition program to ensure staff are appropriately honored and thanked for their service. Some ways in which we are prepared to support this effort include implementing focus groups to determine action priorities and developing measures for evaluating the effectiveness of action planning. Within HR, we will continue implementation of actions based on HR results, assessing the effectiveness of our actions, and making changes based on results.
Employee Survey (In Progress)
Develop and implement an all employee survey.
July 2018 – September 2019
- Action plans are being implemented by communities across the university to help foster a continued focus on staff engagement.
- 335 action plans for change are underway across the university with the goal of enhancing the employee experience and improving engagement.
- HR Business Partners representing units with action plans addressing the same survey question are working together in Question Cohorts to share best practices, work collectively, and keep this initiative top of mind.
April – June 2018
- Conversations about survey results were led by HR Business Partners to create an understanding of results and build action plans that enhance engagement within each unit and campus.
- Comprehensive training for HR Business Partners university-wide was conducted to implement a consistent strategy for sharing IU, campus, and unit results.
- MyVoice@IU Survey results were shared with the cabinet of Indiana University. Each vice president received results for their portfolio. IU MyVoice Engagement survey results were also shared with HR Business Partners university-wide.
September – October 2017
- MyVoice@IU Survey: Staff engagement survey, administered by Gallup, sent to all staff employees hired on or before July 1, 2017. Survey objectives university-wide include:
- Help IU become an employer of choice—a best place to work.
- Collect feedback about what works at IU and where there are opportunities to improve.
- Empower the organization, leadership, and teams to determine the best opportunities to improve the employment experience at IU.
- Provide helpful change management tools, resources, and guidance to leadership and teams to act upon results and improve work experiences.
Key HR Metrics (Future Project)
Create key metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of HR.