New Employee Orientation
Welcome to Indiana University! You have accepted a position at one of the world’s foremost public institutions – and the epitome of the modern university. Indiana University’s new employee orientation program, open to all new benefit-eligible Staff employees, introduces you to the design and culture of the University and outlines the comprehensive set of programs and benefits that you are eligible for.
Who is Invited
- New Staff hired into a benefit-eligible* position.
- Existing Staff who transfer into a benefit-eligible* position from a position that was previously not benefit-eligible.
For faculty, please see the New Faculty Welcome page for more ways to connect.
* Benefit-eligible means persons employed by Indiana University as full-time (75% FTE or greater) appointed Staff employees.
As a new employee you may have unique system access requirements and your manager will guide you through the access process for those systems. The following links may be helpful in getting off to a quick start in setting up your personal system access and navigating useful information in ONE.IU
What You'll Learn
- IU's history and culture
- Important employee information including perks available
- Benefits available to IU employees and how to enroll
- Technology at IU and how to set up your accounts
- Technology training opportunities for IU employees
- How to keep your work and personal information safe
- Resources IU provides to keep its employees safe and healthy
In addition to this program, you may receive additional information or emails from your department or other IU entities about further orientation and trainings, benefit enrollments, payroll information, and health and safety.
All sessions are 8:30am – 3:15pm ET
Break for lunch (not provided): 12:00pm – 1:00pm
|July 10||University Library,
|October 9||Campus Center,
|July 24||University Library,
|October 16||Campus Center,
|August 14||University Library,
|November 13||Campus Center,
|August 28||Campus Center,
|Novermber 20||Campus Center,
|September 11||Campus Center,
|December 11||Campus Center,
|September 18||Campus Center,
|December 19||Campus Center,
420 University Blvd
Indianapolis, IN 46202
View on map
755 W Michigan St
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5195
View on map
Pay parking for guests is available in the Vermont St. garage connected to the Campus Center. There are also metered lots and on-street parking nearby. For more information and parking rates, visit IUPUI Parking Services.
Metered parking, attended lots, and parking garages are marked in yellow on the Campus Map.
Parking for persons with physical disabilities is available near every building and is marked clearly in each lot and garage. Parking garages closest to University Library are the North Street Garage (next to Hine Towers), Sport Complex Garage (visitors 1st floor; next to the IU Natatorium), and the Blackford Street Garage (requires IUPUI permit).
How to Prepare
- Please notify your manager of your plans. You are highly encouraged to attend this session.
- Please feel free to bring information such as birth certificates or marriage certificate if you plan to enroll dependents in benefits. Enrollment help will be available after the session.
- You may wish to review IU's benefit and policy information
980 Indiana Avenue, Suite 1156
Indianapolis, IN 46202
There are additional training all employees should complete upon joining the IUPUI community:
- Environmental Health and Safety Orientation
- Unlawful Harassment Prevention (you will receive an email from Workplace Answers)
- All other department required trainings (see your supervisor)
All new supervisors should complete the Legal Compliance series within their first year of employment. The Legal Compliance Series consists of four modules:
- The Office of Equal Opportunity
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Workers’ Compensation and Family Medical Leave Act
- Preventing Sexual Harassment and Title IX