Home > Benefits > Student Health Insurance > Filing a Foreign Claim

Filing a Foreign Claim

Most providers outside the United States will not file a medical claim for you. If that's the case, you'll need to pay the provider in full for your treatment and then file a claim with Aetna Student Health.


Get an itemized medical bill from the provider-in English, if at all possible-before you leave the country you're in. The bill should include:


Send Aetna the itemized bill, along with the following information:

You may write this information right on the bill, if there's space, or attach a separate piece of paper, if necessary.

Mail the bill to:
Aetna Student Health
PO Box 981106
El Paso, TX. 79998


Be sure to include your current mailing address if you're studying abroad for the year, so we'll know how to reach you. When we receive your claim, we will process it according to the benefits and other plan provisions of your school's student health insurance plan.