Open Enrollment Instructions
Printer-friendly Version (PDF)
All benefit elections made during Open Enrollment will be effective January 1, 2019.
- Attend an information session or webinar.
- Complete online enrollment from November 5–16, 2018:
- Go to One.IU.edu.
- Search for Employee Center.
- Log into to the Employee Center app using your IU credentials.
- Select Benefit Details.
- Select Open Enrollment from the left-hand navigation.
- Enter benefit elections for each plan.
- Complete the Tobacco-free Affidavit for yourself and your spouse. You must complete the affidavit each year, even if you are not changing medical plans. The affidavit is available at the bottom of the Medical plan election page.
- Complete the TSB Healthcare and/or Dependent Care sections, if applicable. You must re-enroll in these plans each year to participate.
- Review your Personal Accident Insurance elections. You can add, change, or drop coverage.
- Special Enrollment Opportunity: Review your Long Term Disability Insurance election. You can add, change, or drop coverage without evidence of insurability during this one-time special enrollment period.
- Click Submit to send your elections to IU Human Resources
- Check your IU email for confirmation. If you do not receive an immediate email confirmation, the enrollment process was not completed.
You can change and resubmit your enrollment elections as many times as you need until the end of Open Enrollment on November 16. With each submission you will receive a new email notice confirming your benefit elections. Please review each notice. Changes to your benefit elections cannot be made after the close of Open Enrollment.
After completing online enrollment:
- If you are adding a dependent for the first time be sure to turn in required dependent eligibility documents.
- In January, complete the TSB direct deposit form(s) and the HSA beneficiary information at iu.nyhart.com if you do not already have them on file.
- During Open Enrollment is a good time to review the beneficiaries on your retirement and insurance plans. Visit the beneficiary page for helpful information and instructions on how and when to update your beneficiaries.