Date: November 11, 2019
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Location: Indiana Memorial Union
IU Human Resources and the IU Health Center invites students, faculty, and staff to learn about health and wellness opportunities and 2020 benefits available at Indiana University.
Learn more about IU employee benefit plans with representatives from each of the benefit vendors listed below.
- Anthem Blue View Vision
- CVS Caremark
- Healthy IU
- IU 529 Plan/Moneysmarts
- IU Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- IU Health Plans
- IU Retirement Plans
- Optum (Quit For Life Program)
- Social Security Administration
- The Standard
- WW—Weight Watchers Reimagined
Also, representatives from IU Human Resources will be on hand to answer questions about health care and retirement benefits, as well as assist with Open Enrollment.
Open Enrollment Sessions 9:30 a.m. & 1:00 p.m.
Learn about the benefit plan changes coming in 2020. During the second half of each presentation, representatives from IU HR and Fidelity will be presenting information about the upcoming changes and enhancements to the IU retirement plans, including key dates and steps you need to take, if any. No RSVP required and family members are welcome to attend.
Health and wellness exhibits focus on four components to a healthy lifestyle: nutrition, stress management, physical activity and sexual health. Discover campus and community resources promoting health and wellness.
Things To Do
- Sample free food including dishes prepared by chefs who will be conducting live cooking demonstrations throughout the day using produce from the IU Campus Farm
- De-stress with a free five-minute chair massage
- Get your annual flu shot
- Make your own fruit and herb-infused water bottle
- Participate in exercise demonstrations with recreational sports
- Create an aromatherapy satchet and/or beaded bracelet
- Color with friends
- Receive free health screenings (eye exams and hearing tests)
- Stock up on giveaways from partners
- Get free, confidential STI and HIV testing
Don't Miss These Vendors
IU Health Center
Get your annual flu shot (more info about the flu shots). Also, enjoy a free five-minute chair massage and learn about nutritional counseling; tobacco cessation; peer health educators; sexual health and testing for sexually transmitted infections; and other wellness resources available to employees.
IU Recreational Sports & Step into Fitness Program
Test your skills in fun ways, then learn about: the more than 80 group exercise classes offered each week; court time for a game of pickup basketball; free tennis equipment; lap swimming; or working out using the latest strength training and cardio equipment.
IU Bloomington Professional Council (IUBPC)
IUBPC represents the professional staff at IU by providing leadership to enhance the quality of life of the professional employee. Meet a representative and learn about upcoming events and how to participate.
Middle Way House
Learn of resources and ways to end domestic violence and sexual assault in the lives of women and children by implementing or sponsoring award-winning programs and services aimed at achieving individual and social change.
IU Health & Wellness Massage
Five minute massages provided in the Solarium attached to Alumni Hall.
IU Speech & Hearing Clinic
Get a free hearing test and information about aids for hearing loss, hearing and speech education, and speech therapy for adults and children.
Hilltop Garden & Nature Center
Hilltop provides volunteer opportunities and gardening classes. Visitors may tour demonstration gardens, enjoy nature, or find a good idea for their own gardens.
Other Participating Vendors
- Al Anon & AlaTeen
- Be the Match (Organ Donation)
- Bloomington Salt Cave
- Centerstone: Substance Abuse and HIV Prevention
- Collegiate Recovery Center
- Compassion and Choices of Indiana
- Gentle Dentist
- Indiana Donor Network
- Inside IU
- IU Counseling and Psychological Services
- IU Center for Disability and Community
- IU Crimson Card
- IU Health Positive Link
- Nar Anon
- Olcott Center for Cancer Education
- Osman Chiropractic
- Outdoor Adventures
- Residential Programs and Services Cooking Demonstrations and Nutrition
- Substance Use Intervention Services