|Review accuracy of dependents and beneficiaries regularly|
Employees are encouraged to use the self-service features of the Employee Center in OneStart to manage many of their employment-related activities. It is particularly important for employees to use the Employee Center to verify the accuracy of benefit elections and dependents and beneficiaries for the new year. The Employee Center allows IU employees to view and update HR and Payroll information on a single page.
- View current benefit elections
- Update dependent/beneficiary information
- Change contribution amounts and fund allocation for the supplemental retirement plans (Tax Deferred Account and IU Retirement Savings)
- Update Direct Deposit information
- View current and historical pay advices
- View/Print electronic W-2's (requires consent which can also be done on the Employee Center)
- Update Federal Tax Withholding allowances
- View State and Local Tax Withholding allowances
- View and update personal biographic/demographic information
Total Compensation Statement
- View a summary of total compensation (including information such as base salary, retirement benefits and health/welfare benefits)
To access the Employee Center, log into OneStart at onestart.iu.edu, navigate to the Services tab, and click on the Employee Center section on the left sidebar. The Employee Center is available nearly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
24-Hour Nurse Line
The 24-Hour Nurse Line is a resource for employees and family members covered by an IU-sponsored medical plan who need guidance on non-emergency health questions and concerns. Specially trained IU Health registered nurses will assess the situation and provide information and support needed to take the right action.
Participation is voluntary.
Information shared is confidential and covered by the same state and federal HIPAA privacy guidelines that physicians follow.
IU Employee Assistance Program (IUEAP)
The IU Employee Assistance Program (IUEAP) was established to provide professional help when day-to-day activities are interrupted by stress. IUEAP services are confidential and voluntary. Some common reasons to use IUEAP services include:
- Stress and anxiety
- Conflict in the workplace
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Family and marital problems
- Grief and loss
Worker's Compensation provides benefits to employees who sustain injuries by accident in the course of their employment. All employees are covered whether they are faculty, staff, full-time, hourly, or work-study. The benefits provided are those mandated by law.
|Staff employees in positions with 50 percent FTE or greater receive the following nine paid holidays a year. Each holiday is considered to be eight hours for full-time Staff and is prorated by FTE for part-time Staff.|
|New Year's Day||Sunday, January 1|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||Monday, January 16|
|Campus Holiday||See below*|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 28|
|Independence Day||Wednesday, July 4|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 4|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 22|
|Friday after Thanksgiving||Friday, November 23|
|Christmas Day||Tuesday, December 25|