University Human Resources
Short Work Break
1. Follow the footpath to get to Job Data screen and enter all available employee information in the appropriate fields.
2. Click .
- If there is more than one entry under that University ID, a list of available choices will appear.
- If there is only one entry, the record will automatically appear.
In either case, the next screen will look like this:
Click on your choice to access the record.
3. Once you get to the Job Data Screen, click on the . This will allow you to create a new action record.
4. Change the Effective Date, if necessary. (The current date appears automatically)
5. From the Action/Reason drop down menu, click on Short Work Break.
6. Click on to the right of the Action/Reason drop down menu.
You will find the following Reason options for the Action of Short Work Break:
7. Click on and a list of available Reason Codes will appear.
8. Click on your choice and it will automatically appear in the appropriate field on the previous screen.
9. Click on the Employment Data link.
Click on .
Enter the date that it is expected the employee will return to duties in the Expected Return Date field or click on the and click on the appropriate date (it will automatically appear in the field).
10. Click on the Earnings Distribution link.
From the Earnings Distribution Type drop down menu, click on By Percent.
Click on below *Earn Code and the Lookup Earn Code screen will appear.
Click on to see a list of available choices.
Find and click on LVE. It will automatically appear in the Earn Code field on the previous screen.
Enter 100 in the Distrb % field.
Note: 100% of the earnings should be attributed to the LVE Earn Code, since the employee will not be paid during the work break.
11. Refer to the Job Funding user guide as the final step to complete the Short Work Break process.
12. Click to complete the Short Work Break action. This will save into the HRMS database all of the information that you have entered.