The Return to Duties eDoc, includes returning to active employment status from the following types of leave: Unpaid or Paid Leave, Short Work Break or Suspension.
In One.IU navigate to the eDocs tab in the HRMS Portal, click Return to Duties.
Return to Duties Document Lookup
- Enter the University ID, click , and records that meet the search criteria will appear.
NOTE: It’s best to try to obtain the University ID, but if you don’t have it, you may utilize the other available search options below.
- Click on the Return to Duties link in the Actions column and the Effective Date section will appear. Enter the Effective Date that the employee will return to duties. The Effective Date is the date on which the Return to Duties takes effect.
- After entering the Effective Date, select . The Action selection screen will appear. Choose the appropriate job action. In this example we picked Return from Leave. Click and the Action Reason selection will appear.
- Select the appropriate Action Reason. In this example, we chose Return from Leave (RFL). Select and the Job Data section will appear.
Note: HRMS eDocs provide you with two columns of information. The left column shows you data for this employee’s record as it currently exists in the system. The data is copied forward to the right column with only certain field(s) editable. In this case, there is no data to be entered.
When returning to Active employment status, eDoc logic does the following:
- Blanks out Earn Code LVE.
- Sets the Earning Distribution Type back to None, since there is no longer a need to configure it.
- Blanks out Percent Distribution.
As with other employee activities documents, data on the right side that has been updated is highlighted in yellow. This not only helps you confirm the eDoc logic changes before submitting for routing, but also helps approvers note changes when they review the eDoc for approval:
Now click ,
Review the Earnings Section and update any funding information that needs to be changed. Many Employee Activities eDocs provide the opportunity to update funding.
Note: If you realize you need to make a change after moving to the next section of the eDoc, you can use the button to return to previous section. You can return all the way back to the Effective Date section in this manner.
Notes and Attachments
Below is a typical note you might add. You may also add an attachment such as a spreadsheet, PDF file or a Word document.
During document preparation you may want to save or close the eDoc to finish it later or for whatever reason you may have a need to cancel it. Otherwise, once you have reviewed your document and you are ready to route it, you will be presented with the possible actions listed below.
Take this action when you have completed and reviewed your eDoc and you are ready to submit for routing.
This action saves the eDoc back to your Action List if you need to complete and route it at a later time.
This action closes the eDoc and appears once you save, cancel or submit for routing.
This action cancels the eDoc for you. Please use the cancel button rather than the “X” in the upper right corner of your browser screen. Closing an eDoc using the “X” in your browser, will leave the eDoc in INITIATED status, causing any further actions on the employee’s record to be blocked without help from the HRMS Support Center.
Now that you have reviewed and are ready to route your eDoc, click and the eDoc should say, “Document was successfully submitted.”. Now select at the bottom of the document. Note that the status has changed to “ENROUTE”.
The full screen will appear as below: