Retiring an Employee
1. Follow the footpath to get to Job Data screen and enter all available employee information in the appropriate fields. Click .
- If there is more than one entry under that University ID, a list of available choices will appear.
- If there is only one entry, the record will automatically appear.
2. Click on your choice to access the record.
The next screen will look like this:
3. Once you get to the Job Data Screen, Work Location tab, click on the . This will allow you to create a new action record.
4. Change the Effective Date, if necessary. (The current date appears automatically)
5. From the Action/Reason drop down menu, click on Retirement.
6. Click on to the right of the Action/Reason drop down menu. Click on and a list of available Reason Codes will appear.
7. Click on your choice and it will automatically appear in the appropriate field on the Work Location page.
8. Click on the Job Information tab and change the Standard Hours field to .01.
9. Click on the Payroll tab and enter RET into the Pay Group field.
10. Select the Job Funding tab and refer to the Job Funding user guide to complete the information on Job Funding.
11. Select the Benefits Program Participation component link and enter RET6000 in Elig Fld 3.
12. Click to complete the Retirement action. This will save into the HRMS database all of the information that you have entered.