Maintain Job Data eDoc
Maintain Job Data eDoc Process
- In One.IU navigate to the eDocs tab in the HRMS Portal, click Maintain Job Data.
- How to access eDocs
Maintain Job Data Document Lookup
- Enter the University ID, click , and records that meet the search criteria will appear.
NOTE: It’s best to try to obtain the University ID, but if you don’t have it, utilize the other available search options below.
- Click on the Maintain Job Data Document link in the Actions column and the Effective Date section will appear.
- Enter the Effective Date of the Maintain Job Data action. The Effective Date is the date on which the action reason selected (in this case: Correction-Pay Rate) takes effect.
- After entering the Effective Date, select . The Action Reason selection screen will appear with appropriate action reasons for the job data change.
- Select the appropriate Action Reason. In this example, we chose Correction-Pay Rate (CPR). Select and the Job Data section will appear.
Note: HRMS eDocs provide you with two columns of information. The left column shows you data for this employee’s record as it currently exists in the system. The data is copied forward to the right column with only certain field(s) editable. In this case, there is only one editable field: Compensation Rate.
- Enter the correct Compensation Rate (Clicking on the Calc Annual Rate will show the associated Annual Rate). Note data on the right side that has been updated is highlighted in yellow. This not only helps you confirm any changes before submitting for routing, but also helps approvers note changes when they review the eDoc for approval:
Now click .
Note: If you realize you need to make a change after moving to the next section of the eDoc, you can use the button to return to previous section. You can return all the way back to the Effective Date section in this manner.
Review the Earnings Section and update any funding information that needs to be changed.
Notes and Attachments
Below is a typical note you might add. You may also add an attachment such as a spreadsheet, PDF file or a Word document.
Once you’ve reviewed your eDoc one final time, select to route the eDoc for approval. The eDoc should say, “Document was successfully submitted.”. Now select at the bottom of the document. Note that the status has changed to “ENROUTE”.
During document preparation you may want to save or close the eDoc to finish it later, or for whatever reason, you may have a need to cancel it. Otherwise, once you have reviewed your document and you are ready to submit it, you will be presented with the possible actions listed below.
Take this action when you have completed and reviewed your eDoc and you are ready to submit for routing.
This action saves the eDoc back to your Action List if you need to complete and route it at a later time.
This action closes the eDoc for you once you save, cancel or submit it for routing.
This action cancels the eDoc for you. Please use the cancel button rather than the “X” in the upper right corner of your browser screen. Closing an eDoc using the “X” in your browser, may cause any further actions on the employee’s record to be blocked. Blocked records require technical assistance to be resolved.
The full screen will appear as below: