University Human Resources
Bio/Demo Validation for Hires
Initiators will not be able to proceed with a Hire eDoc if the bio/demo data for the individual does not meet certain requirements. eDoc logic checks for (validates) certain Bio demo values that must be captured for all employees. When the validation fails, an error message is presented that provides a link to the Maintain Person e-Doc, where any Bio Demo data needing to be updated may be completed.
Once directed to the Maintain Person eDoc, if the initiator determines the Bio/Demo data needed is not available, the Personal Profile Form, can be sent to the induvial to fill out and submit any updates.
As an illustration of the Bio Demo Validation feature, below is a series of page shots that show what happens when bio demo validation fails on the initiation of a hire.
- Select Hire Employee eDoc, and enter the Id type. Select Search and click on the Hire Employee Document link.
- Enter the Effective Date and Position Number.
- If the bio/demo data for the individual does not meet certain requirements, an error message will be generated as seen below. Note the link to initiate a Maintain Person eDoc, appears at the end of the error message.
- Once the Maintain Person eDoc has opened, enter the required information and select Continue.
- Note that the missing information appears on the left side of the screen shot below as blank. Complete all required information and select the Submit button.
- Once you have submitted the eDoc for routing, you will see the document has been successfully completed as in the screen shot below.